I use foursquare a lot, I mean a lot! So, a few months back I decided to write a foursquare application which would make sense of my foursquare check-in’s. My main goal was to track number of visits to different kinds of places. That’s when I decided to build HowMany, an app which summarizes your foursquare check-in’s for you.
Currently HowMany summarizes:
- How many Starbucks Coffee shops you have been to
- How many Restuarants you have been to
- How many Airports you have been to
- How many Muliplexes/Movie theatre’s you have been to
- How many Shopping Mall’s you have been to
- How many Resedential Buildings you have been to
This app makes use of the foursquare venue history API to get the information about your past check-in’s. I get a JSON response from the API and a typical response for a single venue item would be like this as shown below:
I make use of this data and build the summary all on the client side. I plan to add more support on different kinds of categories, add visualizations etc. Do let me know if you have suggestions.
So if you are a foursquare user and want to summarize your check-in’s go ahead and give my app a shot by visting this link. You will be prompted to authorize my app, once you do that you should be able to see your summary.