I am currently enrolled in to an Natural Language Processing Course on Coursera. I just cant describe how awesome Coursera is, and that would be a separate blog post.
I just finished watching the Week 1 lectures and this is what I learned
- The language modelling problem
- Markov Processes
- First order Markov Process
- Second order Markov Process
- Unigram, Bigram and the Trigram models
- Evaluating Language Models: perplexity
- Estimation Techniques
- Linear Interpolation
- Discounting methods
I dedicate about 8 - 10 hours on average per week for my coursera class. I HOPE I manage to complete this course and all its assigments and programming projects in time. Stay tuned for further updates.